[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] NUMBER PLATE LAMP

Malcolm Clark shadow74 at bigpond.com
Tue Dec 27 22:07:23 EST 2016

Hi Everyone  Can anyone comment on Humberto's  rear number plate lamp he
sent pictures of, I think it is not the correct lamp for his MK2 Talbot In
fact I don't think it is a      Sunbeam lamp (unless something different
that went to Brazil) I have never seen the lamp cover with the small windows
underneath to shine on the number plate. It shows 4 screw holes which look
like two separate lamps are screwed up there for the number plate light, and
nothing  lights up the SUNBEAM TALBOT wording

The backing plate that supposed to have the globes in doesn't appear to have
any, and it looks like the front Chrome cover fits inside the backing plate,
instead of the other way round,

The brazing inside the cover is another strange thing, The front slot does
not appear to be big enough for the SUNBEAM TALBOT wording looks like the
size of the slot would fit SUNBEAM only for the Alpine

There doesn't appear to be any signs of the 3 rivets in the top of the
housing to hold the lens in,

    I am convinced this is not the correct lamp for his car  Mal Clark