[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] To Catch a Thief

Dan Gooding degooding at suddenlinkmail.com
Sat Mar 21 11:04:23 EDT 2015

Actually the ladies lingerie in that Alpine would have been there only if Cary Grant had saved the panties of one of his routine  female conquests.  The several biographies on him point out that such conquests were the norm.  Women tended to throw themselves at him and he was well known to be delighted with the results of his ladies' man capabilities.

Interestingly, in a late-life interview he said that one producer had started a rumor that he was a homosexual as a means to discredit him.  Outraged, in that he was very much a heterosexual and felt that such innuendo could harm his career, Grant wasted no time in seducing the producer's wife and then making sure that he knew that he had done just that.  In point of fact, very few of the renowned leading men have been homosexuals, Rock Hudson being the notable exception.  Gable, James Garner, Bogart, Heston, etc. right down to the guys today...Tom Hanks, Leonardo DiCaprio, George Clooney,  Ben Aflac, Matthew McConaughey, etc., etc. are  hard core heterosexuals.  They just happen to also be artistic and routinely elegant on screen and in real life---something that the more macho-obsessed out there like to sneer at since they don't get it and can't pull it off themselves.

Dan