[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] To Catch a Thief

Max King mjking at exchange.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 18 22:42:41 EDT 2015

Just to add to the mix, on my Alpine, the cockpit cap surrounds were leather (dash, rear, and door tops), as well as the padded door pulls/armrests, center armrest over the handbrake, handbrake boot, and the seat seat fronts (as Martin put it, the "parts you are in contact with"). All the rest, matching vinyl.

According to the Parts Catalogue:
Leather, Crushed Grain: Capping roll, seat facings, squab borders, centre and door armrests.
Leathercloth/Vynide: Cushion borders, seat backs, center arm rest back, cushion backs, squab bottom, scuttle, door and quarter trim, piping.

We have all seen variance from the Parts Catalogue and from one car to the next, so doubtless there are a few more combinations that are "right" (or "wrong") for our cars.

Cheers! --Max

Max King, Ph.D.
Associate Vice Provost
University of Pennsylvania