[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] To Catch a Thief

Martin Spurrell spurrellmartin at hotmail.co.uk
Wed Mar 18 10:17:37 EDT 2015

hi malcolm and all,                              we could both be right , or wrong on this. any i have done (and there have been a few) have been what we call 'half leather' that is hide on the important bits and a high quality matching vinyl on the incidentals, but i wouldn't argue with your findings, who knows if cars differed depending on availability of materials at the time, or if export models had different spec. to home market. also in fifty-sixty years a lot can happen to a car. changing the subject, many years ago a friend and i had both bought the same first rolling stones l.p. (yes that was a long time ago)  at the youth club an argument ensued between he and i about whether a particular track had a lead guitar solo. we bet each other and the next week we took our respective albums to the club and played them. two identical albums bought from the same shop. his had no guitar solo on the track and mine did! so we were both right and wrong. meantime if david has his car expertly re trimmed in either choice i'm sure no one will talk about him!                                            best wishes from a chilly u.k.                                                                                         martin.