[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] British Invasion, Stowe, VT and Ethanol in Fu...

alpine3 at tiscali.co.uk alpine3 at tiscali.co.uk
Fri Sep 26 06:20:42 EDT 2014

Here we go again folks, (this could run for weeks). Some folks in the
UK have found that fitting an electric fuel pump (3-5 psi) at the rear
near the tank will improve things with ethanol fuel. The theory is
ethanol evaporates quicker than old fuel in the lines near the hot
engine,causing the fuel pump to suck vapour, an electric pump will
pressurise and raise the evaporation point , like fitting a pressure
cap to a radiator to increase the boiling point of water, insulating
fuel lines also helps. Mike's thicker gasket will have spaced the pump
away from the camshaft, reducing the actuation of the pump arm and
reducing the amount of fuel available.
I hope this might help someone.

Chris