[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] British Invasion, Stowe, VT and Ethanol in Fu...

Dan Gooding degooding at suddenlinkmail.com
Thu Sep 25 11:40:41 EDT 2014

Okay Thanks Steve.  We will try that out this evening if I can work it in.  Going to a banquet tonight.   I’ll let you know what happens.  Oh, do you know what RPM we should see the engine attain at full throttle in neutral?  I can look it up in the service manual but thought you might recall without looking it up.

As to pinging, STP stops that and the guy who works on my car most of the time attributed that to unleaded gas in this old engine.  I always run to top grade, but it contains 10% corn alcohol regardless, of course.

What do you think about the other gasoline additives such as the Casterol that was suggested early on to Bob?  Guess we have that here in America, too, since it is an American brand.

The spark is advanced some to help compensate for the ethanol, BTW.

Dan