[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] door adjustment: coming to terms

wes.stewart at sunbeamsaloon.com wes.stewart at sunbeamsaloon.com
Sun Jan 26 10:47:54 EST 2014

My DHC has horribly fitting windows. the gap between front and rear side lights
lets a lot of rain in.

I showed pictures to Pete Woodall and he observed that the front window was not
looking quite right, needed to be further inboard.
I set about the task today of making adjustment and made an interesting
discovery.

It appears that the alignment of the door is off.  Looking along the line where
the door meets the sill, the top is further out than the bottom. No wonder the
window frame can't line up.

The WSM says the (limited) adjustment is done with shims (packing pieces) where
the hinge meets the door pillar.
Pardon my ignorance, but where is that, exactly? Behind the kick panel?  I'm not
seeing where any shim in the door itself would adjust the top/bottom angle.

So let's assume this is the trick.  Either the top needs fewer shims or the
bottom needs more shims. I suppose since you can't go less than zero, we have to
play it by ear.

Comments and experience stories welcomed.

WES
Fate, TX