[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Alpine MK1 Carburetor - Warped Mounting Ears

J W im1neng at gmail.com
Wed Jan 15 21:54:39 EST 2014

Thank you all for the wonderful feedback regarding parts suppliers for the
Alpine MK1 Carburetor!  I now have many contacts that should be able to
help.

After tearing down my carburetor, an initial quick review seemed positive.
 During a more in-depth review this evening, I found an issue that I'm not
sure how to address.

It looks to me like the main body of the carburetor is made out of zinc,
while the throttle body is iron.  On my carb, the mounting ears on the main
body are bowed (warped).  Given the soft nature of zinc, I would guess that
this is not a unique problem to my unit.  Anyone have any background on how
to resolve the issue of warped mounting ears?  Is there a preferred method
of straightening?  Do I need to get the mounting surface of the main body
machined?

Once again, I appreciate your help!

Jo