[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Fwd: Carb valve removal - socket size?

Derek Cook alpine at sunbeam.myzen.co.uk
Thu Feb 27 07:18:50 EST 2014

The attached might help.

Cheers

Derek

From: Staowners [mailto:staowners-bounces at sunbeamtalbot.info] On Behalf Of J
Sent: 27 February 2014 03:06
To: Staowners
Subject: [Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Fwd: Carb valve removal - socket size?

Since none of my British standard sockets would fit into the tunnels, I once
again went through my toolbox filled with standard and metric sizes.  This
time, I was able to find a couple of sockets that were able to remove the
valves.  Although not ideal, they got the job done.

For future reference, here's what I found:

Pump Discharge Valve:  7/16" Craftsman deep well socket, 1/4" drive, a
precision fit

Pump Check Valve:  12mm SK deep well socket, 1/4" drive.

With the valves removed, I found that the discharge valve fits my socket
identified as 3/16W or 1/4BS.  However, the pump check valve is close, but
is too large for this socket.  Therefore, I'm not sure of the true size of
the pump check valve.

Jo