[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Sunbeam & parts

Martin Spurrell spurrellmartin at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Feb 10 04:02:29 EST 2014

hi chris,
             the tale i heard was pippin red and coronation red are the same colour, the name change being a bit of forelock tugging in recognition of the queen's coronation in '53. hence the red wheels on many cars of that year. (mind you, i would rather suffer red wheels
than red weals!)  however this theory cannot be substantiated unless we compare the two colours side by side and given how much reds discoulor over time, we will never know. mind you i will bear that excuse in mind if may ever discovers my stash of lipstick  "just matching
up the colour with the car paint dear".
                                                                       cheers, martin.