[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Help identifing bushes for body?

Martin Spurrell spurrellm at hotmail.co.uk
Mon Nov 28 23:19:03 EST 2011

hi mike and all,
                   this may be a case of locking the stable door after the horse has bolted, but i always draw a diagram of what went where as i am dismantling the body from the frame. that way you get a good start point. you will find that having removed the body and done some major surgery on it, the packing pieces required will vary to suit the new situation. even from new ,the configuration of packing pieces vary from car to car. obviously,the more major mounts take the chunkier packers and the smaller washers sit on the chassis down it's length screwed in from the tub floor.  you will find that by adding/subtracting packing's here and there, the door gaps are affected so take your time, and it will take a lot of time, but the more effort you apply the better the finished job will be.   just one more point worth mentioning, make sure the body sits high enough on the chassis to allow the underside of the bonnet not to rub on the distributor cap.