[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Gas Tank Question

Martin Spurrell spurrellm at hotmail.co.uk
Fri Nov 4 05:05:04 EDT 2011

hi all,
       just to clarify my last contribution, none of us know the extent of the corrosion in ed's tank, but i did list the options open depending on how bad the situation is.
the success of how i tackled the problem on my own alpine was not based on 'a great deal of luck' but on a great deal of years experience in the motor trade. after market line filters are ten a penny,you can change them in minutes. if the problem persists and the tank bottom proves to be rotten cut it out and replace it. i have no expeirience of chemical liners but from what i hear some of these products are not compatible with modern fuels, certainly here in europe and the u.k. as for butchering the tank to remove a teaspoon of rust (as  it was  in my case) sledgehammer and nut come to mind.
                                                           martin spurrell.