[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] tires 55 Alpine

Mike Knoche knoche at bigpond.com
Mon Jul 25 20:24:18 EDT 2011

Hi Don

Not sure how the very low profile 55 would look in the wheel arch, but I¹d
be a bit dubious about using that configuration.

I used to run Michelin London taxi tyres, 175/80/16, but these had a quite
low speed rating although they appear to wear very well. Some years ago was
able to find some Falken 175/80/16 which not only have a higher speed rating
but are also better in terms of handling and ride. A number of people in
Australia now run them tho local supply seems to have dried up. They were
only ever imported in small batches.

Believe Croker in the US make a 175/80/16 but could be wrong.

Mike