[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] stub axle bush

Martin Spurrell spurrellm at hotmail.co.uk
Sun Jul 17 10:42:29 EDT 2011

hi,
   i have just been down to my shed and checked out two old units, both of which had the bushes pressed in so they protruded equally each end.
press them in from whatever side you like, it makes no difference, just don't go in too far or it will wind up looking like the old one!
it is interesting to note that the casting of the bush  housing  protrudes further to the rear from the stub than the front, but even so, the bush must be pressed into it's housing evenly.
  best wishes martin spurrell.