[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] stub axle bush

Bill M nqtraderman at yahoo.com
Sun Jul 17 09:27:26 EDT 2011

Hi guys, the right hand lower stub axle "eye" bush is worn so I am replacing it with a new kit from the Bamforths.

As you can see in the attached photo, the old lower bush appears not to have been inserted far enough in so as to be equidistant from the stub axle sides. It is level with one edge but protruding on the other, whereas the upper bush is equally spaced. Is this correct or should it be further in like the upper bush ? I'm guessing in its current position the bush is affecting the Castor angle.

>From the manual, the new bush has to be pressed in from the rear so does that mean the old bush has to be pressed out to the rear too ? The manual description is a little confusing.

thanks
Bill