[Sunbeam Talbot Email List] Sunbeam Talbot Email List Wood Steering Wheel

ActSolutns at aol.com ActSolutns at aol.com
Thu Jul 7 13:50:04 EDT 2011

Good afternoon all!

  Jumping into the fray, I'm the fellow that actually purchased the  wood
steering wheel.  While I don't believe for a minute that it's from a  genuine
"works" vehicle, or that it has any historic significance, it appeared  to
be an attractive steering wheel that will fit my 1953 Mark I Alpine.  I
realize that it is not the "correct" wheel for the car, but note that it will
replace a cracked and damaged existing wheel (which is also not the correct
wheel!), and while it was expensive, I was looking at spending the same or
more for a replacement.  Am I happy?  I'll let all know once I see it  in
person on receipt of the wheel!

  I've been replacing incorrect parts on my Sunbeam for the past  several
months (down to correcting the ash tray inside), and the  steering wheel will
be the only "incorrect" bit when I am done.  Most of  the parts have been
obtained either through Bamforth's, or on e-Bay, mostly  from the UK.  The
only parts that I now need are the rear license plate  assembly chrome piece
and the appropriate "Sunbeam" lens.  If there is a  subscriber that can help
me with these bits, I would certainly appreciate  it!  (I've made this
appeal before!)

  Once completed, I'll start showing the vehicle in shows and events  here
in southeast Florida, in the States.  The car has been transformed  from a
little used stored vehicle, to one that is (and will continue to be)
frequently used - - and living in Florida, it will be used year round!   Isn't that
what we're trying to accomplish?

  Having said that, I appreciate seeing all of the banter back and  forth
among the subscribers, and look forward to meeting anybody that wanders  into
our little part of the world!  I've learned much from the STAR site,  and
hope to be a productive participant for a long time to come!

  Thanks in advance to anybody who comes up with a source for the rear
license plate chrome!

Thank you all and cheers!

In a message dated 7/7/2011 3:23:19 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,